Whenever local caterer Lee Ann Lopez meets a new business at GFS, she makes it a point to talk to them about chamber membership.
“Being a chamber member has been a lifesaver for my business,” Lee Ann said this week from her business on East High Street. “I talk to everyone about it. I would have never gotten the new business that I have if it wasn’t for the chamber.”
Lee Ann opened Lee Ann’s Dairy Delight and Catering eight years ago and joined the chamber in 2010. She is one of those chamber members who takes full advantage of her membership, from her listing in our professional business directory to chamber events and discounts.
“The chamber events and networking opportunities have been great for my business,” she said. “I’ve gotten more exposure, been invited to more events than I would have been able to on my own.
“I can’t believe the difference it has made.”
Last year, she shaved $1,200 off her electric bill thanks to her FirstEnergy chamber discount. “And my employees use the Speedway gas cards,” she said.
How do I know all of this? Because, just like she said, Lee Ann talks to everyone about the benefits of being a chamber member. Last week she was talking to one of our staff members about it and agreed to let me share her story with you in this blog.
So, what about you? Are you giving your business every opportunity to grow by taking advantage of all that chamber membership has to offer?
In addition to networking events such as ChamberLive, Networking at Night, the Chamber Open, Annual Meeting and Golden Leaf Gala, membership also means:
- Speedway Gas Card: save 5¢ a gallon
- Prescription Discount Card – save up to 50% off prescriptions
- FirstEnergy – members pay 5.80¢ per kilowatt-hour on their business electric bill
- CoxMedia Group – receive a $200-$400 discount on a single ad
- WYSO Radio 91.3 – receive up to 50 percent advertising discount, plus complementary ads for new members
- FrankGates – up to 51% off workers’ compensation rates
- Additional discounts: United Healthcare, Superior Dental, EyeMed Vision and Lasik and more.
Whether you’re an existing member or thinking about becoming a member, give us a call and we’ll be happy to explain our chamber benefit package and how you can use it to benefit your business.
Just visit GotChamber.com or call our office at 325-7621.
Have a great Chamber day!